Classes at Kayenna Kennels, Calgary
Learn nosework at Kayenna Kennels (near Southland and Macleod, Calgary) with a 6-week class.
- Level 1 – We’ve inspired hundreds of students internationally and can help motivate your dog to find target scent. No previous experience required. Puppies are welcome after their second set of vaccinations.Learn more: https://youtu.be/wC9MRR7ui70
- Level 2 – Teach your dog to show you the precise location of source, with an indication behavior (usually a down for low hides, or leash pressure to train your scent dog to freeze like a statue with focused attention). Watch Level 2 student, Keata: https://youtu.be/HxzBk1n6AJ4
- Leve 3 – Pre-trial preparation with blind searches, and grow your skills as a team. Introduce new challenges: interiors, (exteriors and vehicles when weather permits). It might be the most fun you’ll ever have with your dog https://youtu.be/-exnulNAkio
Next Sessions start
- Wednesday evenings: Jan 24 – March 28
- Monday afternoons: Jan 8 – March 12
Instructor: Dr. Carla Simon, Nosework Judge, Sniff Alberta President
Sniff and Go’s
Fit 1 hour of nosework training into your busy schedule Teams will be limited to a manageable number, so please register early to avoid disappointment. No previous experience required. Searches will be tailored to your unique scent dog.
- Monday afternoons, as space allows
- January 6 Beginner @ 6:00pm Advanced @ 7:30 pm
- January 13 Beginner @ 6:00pm Advanced @ 7:30pm
- February dates to be announced
Scent Theory Presentation, Calgary
Date: January 5th (3:30pm – 5:30pm), at Kayenna Kennels (near Southland and Macleod, Calgary), before CWAGs nosework competition.
$50.00 – No dogs please
Learn about the fascinating world of scent detection (https://videopress.com/v/JoXmtM3d?loop=1). You’ll learn all about scent dog science.
This nosework presentation is suitable for handlers at all levels who want to learn more about the science of scent detection. Topics include:
- What is Scent detection?
- How scent works
- See how scent travels according to the wind and environment.
- Canine olfaction and muscle memory
- How dogs learn and how best to teach them
- Train, trust and verify your scent dog for statistical reliability.
Presenter: Dr. Carla Simon, Nosework Judge, Sniff Alberta President
Scent Puzzle Club 2018 – Scent Theory for Canine Nosework Training Online
Regular price $99.99
Introductory Sale – SAVE $50 when you register before Jan 15, 2018
Set up fun Scent Puzzles and visualize the wind with images and footage of smoke grenades – once you see it, you’ll never forget.
- We’ll show you how to set up each scent puzzle, and explain what makes it easy or difficult
- Monthly lessons include footage of containers, interiors, exteriors and/or vehicle searches
- Critically observe other scent dogs searching
- Debrief so you can explore what happened, and discuss on our private Facebook group
- Then try the search with your dog, to apply what you’ve learned
- You’ll learn to read your sniffer dog better once you visualize and understand what’s happening with the Scent Puzzles
- Challenge yourself to become a better handler by understanding when and where to support your canine partner. Build a foundation for success in any level of nosework competition, including UKC, SDS, SDDA, AKC, K9 ABC Games, CWAGs, etc.
Get the inside scoop – More than 600 people already follow our Nosework Blog. Learn how we’ve inspired hundreds of students to succeed in scent dog training: http://store.huntersheart.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=sp2018
Subscribe To Our You Tube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/carlalsimon?sub_confirmation=1
Sign up for Online Classes: http://training.huntersheart.com/online-dog-training-courses
Our Brittany Spaniels: http://www.huntersheart.com/kennel.html
Media by Hunter’s Heart